Divided Arms
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Divided Arms

an Rp site based around a fantasy world that has seemingly endless crusades as humanity and the other races of the world fight to secure their homes and families.

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» New Site
The Ranger (done though wont allow me to post appearance) Icon_minitimeFri Jun 06, 2014 7:47 pm by Lann

» Discussion
The Ranger (done though wont allow me to post appearance) Icon_minitimeMon Nov 11, 2013 7:20 am by Lockheart

» Hi (again!!)
The Ranger (done though wont allow me to post appearance) Icon_minitimeMon Nov 11, 2013 1:25 am by Lais

» Lais
The Ranger (done though wont allow me to post appearance) Icon_minitimeMon Nov 11, 2013 12:13 am by Lais

» Hour of the Wraith King
The Ranger (done though wont allow me to post appearance) Icon_minitimeWed Oct 23, 2013 2:35 pm by Xanthus Revenas

» Xanthus Revenas
The Ranger (done though wont allow me to post appearance) Icon_minitimeWed Oct 23, 2013 2:34 pm by Xanthus Revenas

» Lore
The Ranger (done though wont allow me to post appearance) Icon_minitimeWed Oct 23, 2013 12:32 pm by Xanthus Revenas

» Rules
The Ranger (done though wont allow me to post appearance) Icon_minitimeWed Oct 23, 2013 12:31 pm by Xanthus Revenas

» Chritmas Party
The Ranger (done though wont allow me to post appearance) Icon_minitimeThu Oct 17, 2013 3:41 pm by The Ranger

Staff
╙Head Admin╜

╔Administrators╗

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Forum
Site Plot
The Rules
Help Center
Advertising
Top posters
Niko
The Ranger (done though wont allow me to post appearance) I_vote_lcapThe Ranger (done though wont allow me to post appearance) I_voting_barThe Ranger (done though wont allow me to post appearance) I_vote_rcap 
Adam
The Ranger (done though wont allow me to post appearance) I_vote_lcapThe Ranger (done though wont allow me to post appearance) I_voting_barThe Ranger (done though wont allow me to post appearance) I_vote_rcap 
Macha
Sebastian
Irvine
Aurora
Sir Judge
Sayaka
DeMoyah
Kaelos

The Ranger (done though wont allow me to post appearance)

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
The Ranger
Freelancer
The Ranger

Army
Loyalty: Rogue
Troops:

The Ranger (done though wont allow me to post appearance) Empty
PostSubject: The Ranger (done though wont allow me to post appearance)   The Ranger (done though wont allow me to post appearance) Icon_minitimeTue Dec 06, 2011 4:25 pm

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Basic Information~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Name: Rey Miller

Alias: The Ranger, King of Stealth, Worlds Greatest Archer, DragonSlayer

Race:Human

Class: Warrior

Sexual Orientation: straight

Blood Type(Optional): Ab positive

Family Members(Optional): unknown

Birth Date(Optional): unknown, assumed May 28th

Star Sign(Optional): Gemini

Extra Information:

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Appearance~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Appearance:
Spoiler:
just add the h t p p thingy infront...

He looks like this although he has
dirty blonde hair and brown eyes

Height: 6 foot 2 inches

Weight: 190lbs

Body Type: Athletic(like a sprinter), very strong, toned muscles

Extra Feature: scar on his back going from his left shoulder down to his hip

Voice: To those that get to know the true Rey Miller, a sweet, lovely, yet strong, singer's voice that sounds as if it belongs to the siren's of old yet still male, to those who catch him in the guise of The Ranger it is dark, deep, sullen, sarcastic, forbearing, but still trustworthy and kind unless he is made angry. Rarely speaks when completing a task at hand

Extra Clothing/Gear: normally wears a cloak like in the avatar
Spoiler:

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Persona~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Personality: Rey, or The Ranger, mostly keeps to himself though
if you do get to know him he can be 'talkative'. He loves animals and plants, though not a vegetarian and loves to eat meat as well as coffee with honey in it.He believes that their is good in all of us no matter how deep down and will strive to bring it out of that person, even if he must sacrifice himself to do so. Rey, or The Ranger, is a defender of the week and pour; because of this he absolutely hates seeing those who are not as well off as others beaten or abused simply because the can't defend themselves or don't have the money to do so. He can be very sarcastic, mean, and stern looking unless you know him; though if you do get to know him he is a very kind hearted person, nice, funny, VERY smart, and a great singer.

Likes: Archery, Christianity (though doesn't agree with everything the bible says), Coffee with honey, animals, science, math, adventures, the wide open fresh air, swimming, running, honesty, trustworthiness, good hearted souls

Dislikes: swords, demons, racism, slavery, difference between ranks, vile people, liars, thief’s, scoundrels, anyone 'evil', trash, 'mad men', the Devil, pointless fighting, murder

Goals: To rid the world of evil anyway he can, help 'destroy' the demons, become known as one of the smartest people alive

Fears: though he will never admit it, he fears his own death and losing those he loves.

Strength: If not the best, one of the best, archers in the
world, can run at a top speed of 32.89mph, VERY smart, skilled in unseen and unheard movement( basically he can move without being heard or seen by humans and some demons/mages depending on how accurate their senses are.)

Weakness: trained in close combat but hates it, wears no armor other than his cloths, because of his speed can only run a certain distance before passing out from loss of breath (about 200 yards at full speed.)

Extra Information:

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~History~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

History:
If anyone can say that they have had an odd, or ‘interesting’, upbringing it is certainly Rey Miller. He was raised by a group of rouges and bandits yet always had the chivalry and standards of a knight. In the dark of night the new borne lad was found in the clearing to the rouge’s camp entrance with a note attached to it and no knowledge of whom the child belonged to. The note stated these words and these words alone, ‘I can not take care of my dear son, Rey Miller, and wish for your leader to raise him. I ask this having heard that he can not produce a child of his own and tend to repay an old favor,’ it was signed ‘A friend of the night.’ The child was brought to the rouge leader whom from that time forward raised the lad as if he were his own.

From his odd and strange upbringing he was heavily trained in the art of the bow and arrow as well as training with a dagger and short sword combination; he was taught these skills from the time he could string his first bow (around three) till he left the camp at age seventeen. Not only was he trained with, and mastered, the bow and arrow he was also taught unseen and unheard movement. These movements are the act of moving without being heard or seen, The Ranger has perfected this skill so greatly that he can pass by even the greatest of guards, demons, mages, and even torches, without being caught. Additionally to the training he was put through Rey read, and studied everything from simple plants to early ‘science and math’ whenever given the chance believing that one day his knowledge, like his skill in archery, would one day save his life. Exercising everyday along with everything else he was able to put his speed in tip top condition, running much faster than most people could hope to dream of doing, even while carrying weights or arms he could ‘leap like an antelope’ or out run the wolves.

Through hard trials, sights of murder, rape, adultery, robbery, and worse actions he prospered and came out still a good and gentile man whom any would love to have at their back in a fight. At the age of seventeen Rey left the camp secretly in the dark of night to pursue his own goals in life and make a name for himself in the world outside the camp. Early on in his trip he came upon a city with a big problem, a dragon problem at that, and even though having heard the tales of knights, mages, warriors, and paladins alike defeated at the beasts claws he was determined to defeat it and make himself known. This is exactly what he did and after getting a set of supplies he sped off to the cave and fought the dragon bow to beast, eventually coming out the winner with only a scar upon his back to remind himself and those he meets of what he has accomplished. Now three years later he has come to be known as the greatest archer in the world, a dragon slayer, and the king of stealth by some because of all the tasks and ‘quests’ he has completed. Though legend and tails stretch the truth of things he has done Rey does not have the courage to correct them and simply laughs at people’s expressions’ when they see he is not the god like warrior he is expected to be.

Last edited by The Ranger on Thu Dec 08, 2011 3:35 pm; edited 5 times in total
Back to top Go down
DeMoyah
Bound Demon
DeMoyah

PostSubject: Re: The Ranger (done though wont allow me to post appearance)   The Ranger (done though wont allow me to post appearance) Icon_minitimeTue Dec 06, 2011 9:43 pm

What is the estimated length in distance you can run at such a speed before passing out?

Also, the "move without being heard or seen by humans and some demons/mages" may have to be a separate skill. If it were just "humans" listed, I can naturally assume that coming from such a skilled archer depending on stealth so much in battle. But due to the fact that demons rage on a WIDE scale of species and most have naturally "accute" hearing and sight well beyond the norm of a human, a regular human would need a separate skill to bypass the natural instincts of most demons ((like dragon and canine hybrids using sense of smell OR hearing, OR both, rather than sight, as an example))

But stating he's stealth worthy against humans is entirely understandable. So if you can edit that part to be more clear, then bump when both issues are addressed, I'll look over this again =)
Thank you
Back to top Go down
The Ranger
Freelancer
The Ranger

Army
Troops:

PostSubject: Re: The Ranger (done though wont allow me to post appearance)   The Ranger (done though wont allow me to post appearance) Icon_minitimeWed Dec 07, 2011 6:13 am

I made it so he's now half elf, would that make it better for the stealth thing? Or are are elves not on this site?
and the length is 200 yards at full speed, he's top speed is only plus four on the fastest recorded time to date
Back to top Go down
Sebastian
Bound Demon
Sebastian

Army
Loyalty:
Troops:

PostSubject: Re: The Ranger (done though wont allow me to post appearance)   The Ranger (done though wont allow me to post appearance) Icon_minitimeWed Dec 07, 2011 7:33 am

Funny thing is I don't think we have any elves, nor do I know if they are unallowed.

I think it'd probrably be in your best interest to keep him human. Your speed is fine since there are alot of ridicolous moving humans anyway. (along with obnoxious strong too.... xD)

I agree with DeMoyah on the Skill with the stealth bit though. It's not a bad thing to be so trained in such an art now is it?

I leave the final approval on my fellows; up to them but that's my bit in there.

Hope that this cleared up some of your concerns, if you have any questions throw me a note and we can talk.
~Sebastian
Back to top Go down
Solara
Freelancer
Solara

Army
Loyalty:
Troops:

PostSubject: Re: The Ranger (done though wont allow me to post appearance)   The Ranger (done though wont allow me to post appearance) Icon_minitimeWed Dec 07, 2011 9:19 am

I also think you should leave the sneaking to unheard/seen by humans. Most demons also use their sense of smell. I cant really think of one right now that doesn't and if a demon smells you he/she will soon see you.
Back to top Go down
DeMoyah
Bound Demon
DeMoyah

PostSubject: Re: The Ranger (done though wont allow me to post appearance)   The Ranger (done though wont allow me to post appearance) Icon_minitimeWed Dec 07, 2011 10:23 am

What was permitted for my other character, who is a mage, is elf-like physical characteristics for appearance sakes. You would just need to edit how he came to have such "deformalities", where I used the reasons of contorted magic.

You can do that much if you like, but any elf qualities pertaining to abilities, or gifted attributes would not be allowed ((which was explained to me when I first joined)) due to the fact that the site has appointed abilities and skills specialized by the listed classes/species we have here. So your character would still have limited human skilled qualities, but can "look" elfish if you wish.

So I hope that helps. =)

The distance he covers at that speed is fine with me, since any human could reach such a feat if physically trained, which your character obviously is.

I read over your edit in regards to his stealth. I'm okay with this since you're not stating "all", so as long as when you go to RP, please do keep in mind what sense a particular species of demon uses ((such as dragon using it's tongue to sense heat much like a snake/reptile does))

So if you wish to keep the half elf/half human for appearance sake only, just give a brief explanation in his history how he came to look that way. To me, that's fair since I was given the same privilege.
Back to top Go down
The Ranger
Freelancer
The Ranger

Army
Troops:

PostSubject: Re: The Ranger (done though wont allow me to post appearance)   The Ranger (done though wont allow me to post appearance) Icon_minitimeWed Dec 07, 2011 2:17 pm

I took out the elf part cause it was only there to hopefully better the stealth thing xD and I get what your all saying on the stealth, it makes perfect sense and it was never planned or supposed to get passed anyother senses, he just honned his movements so that he could move without being heard and seen. ((the seeing thing is kinda like nearly perfect camaflouge or the spy from the show Alphas just not as good.))
Back to top Go down
DeMoyah
Bound Demon
DeMoyah

PostSubject: Re: The Ranger (done though wont allow me to post appearance)   The Ranger (done though wont allow me to post appearance) Icon_minitimeWed Dec 07, 2011 8:01 pm

Looks good, sir Very Happy

And again, welcome to the site. Let me know if you still have problems posting an image. It's really not my say to change the current settings of the site, but if you'd like me to edit the images in for you, just send me the links, and I'll be more than glad to place them in for you

Approved
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Ranger (done though wont allow me to post appearance)   The Ranger (done though wont allow me to post appearance) Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Ranger (done though wont allow me to post appearance)
Page 1 of 1