Divided Arms
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Divided Arms

an Rp site based around a fantasy world that has seemingly endless crusades as humanity and the other races of the world fight to secure their homes and families.

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» New Site
Mages and Patron Elements Icon_minitimeFri Jun 06, 2014 7:47 pm by Lann

» Discussion
Mages and Patron Elements Icon_minitimeMon Nov 11, 2013 7:20 am by Lockheart

» Hi (again!!)
Mages and Patron Elements Icon_minitimeMon Nov 11, 2013 1:25 am by Lais

» Lais
Mages and Patron Elements Icon_minitimeMon Nov 11, 2013 12:13 am by Lais

» Hour of the Wraith King
Mages and Patron Elements Icon_minitimeWed Oct 23, 2013 2:35 pm by Xanthus Revenas

» Xanthus Revenas
Mages and Patron Elements Icon_minitimeWed Oct 23, 2013 2:34 pm by Xanthus Revenas

» Lore
Mages and Patron Elements Icon_minitimeWed Oct 23, 2013 12:32 pm by Xanthus Revenas

» Rules
Mages and Patron Elements Icon_minitimeWed Oct 23, 2013 12:31 pm by Xanthus Revenas

» Chritmas Party
Mages and Patron Elements Icon_minitimeThu Oct 17, 2013 3:41 pm by The Ranger

Staff
╙Head Admin╜

╔Administrators╗

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Forum
Site Plot
The Rules
Help Center
Advertising
Top posters
Niko
Mages and Patron Elements I_vote_lcapMages and Patron Elements I_voting_barMages and Patron Elements I_vote_rcap 
Adam
Mages and Patron Elements I_vote_lcapMages and Patron Elements I_voting_barMages and Patron Elements I_vote_rcap 
Macha
Sebastian
Irvine
Aurora
Sir Judge
Sayaka
DeMoyah
Kaelos

Mages and Patron Elements

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Niko
Adviser to The Throne of Helios
Niko

Army
Loyalty:
Troops:

Mages and Patron Elements Empty
PostSubject: Mages and Patron Elements   Mages and Patron Elements Icon_minitimeFri Aug 20, 2010 11:30 am

Mages (save dragonic and necromancers, explained later on) may pledge their loyalty to an Elemental, thus gaining a patron elemental. This CANNOT be done from the get go. A Mage must have at least 150 points before undergoing the needed ritual for such an act. This is optional however, and not all mages need to do this. There are, however, benefits and drawbacks.

Your patron elemental can grant you a boost in power of your offensive and defensive spell, assuming it from that element, on the flip side, any spell of the opposite kind will be reduced. The elements go as followed:

Spoiler:

And in case you cannot understand the chart or just want an explanation it goes as followed:

• Fire melts metal
  • Metal chops wood
  • Wood splits earth
  • Earth absorbs water
  • Water quenches fire

Now then, Necromancy, Support spells (healing, buffs, de-buffs, etc), Dragonics, or other mages whom fall outside of this cycle WILL NOT be able to undergo this trial. Necromancy exists outside of the natural laws, and Dragonics have magic that do not stem from the Elements. Support spells are neither offensive nor defensive, and thus not effected.

There are requirements to do this, however. They go as followed:

Must have at least 1 spell from THREE OTHER elements besides the one you wish to be your patron element. One of those three spells must be a spell that will be weakened. Examples are below, note these may or may not be a true reflection of the person's desire:

Spoiler:

And to make things easier, wood can translate into things like plants or nature. Earth is just the ground.

When you have made IC posts about the Elemental accepting you and becoming your Patron Element, alert an Admin.
Back to top Go down

Mages and Patron Elements
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Divided Arms :: Character Center :: Character Registry-
Jump to: